HC seeks report & affidavit on dengue from State Govt
Hearing on a public interest litigation regarding the spread of dengue in the State, the High Court has directed the State Government to submit its reply in a week. In the hearing on Tuesday, the Government counsel informed the division bench of chief justice Ramesh Ranganathan and justice Alok Kumar Verma that dengue is now under control in the State. However, the petitioner objected to this contention, stating that hospitals are receiving dengue patients even now. Hearing the arguments, the division bench directed the Government to submit a report along with an affidavit.
According to the case details, the Youth Bar Association had filed the public interest litigation in the high court.
In its petition, the YBA had stated that a number of people had suffered from untimely death due to dengue in the State.
The steps taken by the health department and the urban local bodies were not adequate to tackle the problem of dengue.
The petitioner had further stated that a medical board should be formed for tackling dengue.
Experienced doctors should be nominated to this board so that proper checks and effective treatment of the patients can be ensured.
Wednesday, 20 November 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- HC seeks report & affidavit on dengue from State Govt November 20, 2019
- Doctors’ recruitment impeded by official apathy November 20, 2019
- Dhan Singh Rawat reviews PMJVK works November 20, 2019
- IIM Indore signs MoU with LBSNAA for case studies November 20, 2019
- Cong pays homage to Indira Gandhi on birth anniversary November 20, 2019