HC seeks Govt’s reply on provisions for migrants in State
The High Court of Uttarakhand has directed the state government to submit its response by 11 AM on Wednesday regarding the measures taken to fulfill the basic requirements of the 40,000 migrants from other states living in Uttarakhand and nearly two lakh migrants returning to Uttarakhand. The government was to submit its reply on Tuesday but was unable to provide a clear answer.
Haridwar resident Sacchidanand Dabral had filed a PIL seeking assistance for the people affected by the lockdown imposed to control the spread of Covid-19.
During the hearing on Tuesday, the advocate general informed the court that about 40,000 migrants from other states are in Uttarakhand while about two lakh migrants from Uttarakhand in various states have registered online for returning. The government is taking necessary measures to bring them back. The high court has asked the state government whether it is being able to follow provisions of the National Food Security Act 2013 and Inter-State Migrant Workmen Act 1979.
Wednesday, 13 May 2020 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- Compra Marca Lipitor A Buon Mercato. dove ordinare Atorvastatin May 13, 2020
- Cyproheptadine Più Economico Senza Prescrizione | www.pioneeredge.in May 13, 2020
- Vendita Enalapril – Farmacia Treviso May 13, 2020
- HC seeks Govt’s reply on provisions for migrants in State May 13, 2020
- How are kindergarten kids being given online education: HC May 13, 2020