The main accused in the national highway 74 scam, former special land acquisition officer (SLAO) DP Singh was granted bail by the high court of Uttarakhand. Singh has been in jail since November 24, 2017.
According to the case details, on the directions of the then Kumaon commissioner D Senthil Pandiyan, the additional district magistrate of Udham Singh Nagar had lodged a police case against officials concerned in the Pantnagar police station on March 10, 2017 regarding irregularities in the Nh 74 widening work.
Singh had surrendered before the special investigation team on November 23, 2017. On the next day he was presented in the court of the Nainital district and sessions/special judge- Prevention of Corruption Act from where he was sent to jail.
The district court had rejected his bail application in January 2018.
After this, Singh had approached the high court. On Thursday, his advocate informed the court that Singh had been in jail for the past 15 months. The advocate also stated that the names of officials senior to Singh had also come up in the NH 74 scam. The single bench of justice Manoj Tiwari approved the bail application of Singh.
Friday, 22 February 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019
- Most complex ISRO mission Chandrayaan-2 on July 15 June 13, 2019
- UP Bar Council chief shot dead by colleague June 13, 2019
- First batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims reaches U’khand June 13, 2019