The main accused in the national highway 74 scam, former special land acquisition officer (SLAO) DP Singh was granted bail by the high court of Uttarakhand. Singh has been in jail since November 24, 2017.
According to the case details, on the directions of the then Kumaon commissioner D Senthil Pandiyan, the additional district magistrate of Udham Singh Nagar had lodged a police case against officials concerned in the Pantnagar police station on March 10, 2017 regarding irregularities in the Nh 74 widening work.
Singh had surrendered before the special investigation team on November 23, 2017. On the next day he was presented in the court of the Nainital district and sessions/special judge- Prevention of Corruption Act from where he was sent to jail.
The district court had rejected his bail application in January 2018.
After this, Singh had approached the high court. On Thursday, his advocate informed the court that Singh had been in jail for the past 15 months. The advocate also stated that the names of officials senior to Singh had also come up in the NH 74 scam. The single bench of justice Manoj Tiwari approved the bail application of Singh.
Friday, 22 February 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- Move On using Online Snake eyes Activity November 16, 2019
- 8 effortless How to Have More (and Better) Sex Appropriate Now November 16, 2019
- Here’s What I Understand About Simple Strategies November 16, 2019
- Sona Mohapatra’s reply to Anu Malik’s open letter: go to sex-rehab November 16, 2019
- Kriti is protective of me: Nupur November 16, 2019