Harish Rawat to sit on dharna outside Vidhan Sabha today
As Congress MLAs are turning the heat on the State Government inside the Assembly during the Budget Session on the issue of a string of hooch tragedy death, the former Chief Minister Harish Rawat would stage a sit-in outside Vidhan Sabha on Wednesday.
Rawat would also raise the issue of the pending payment of the sugarcane farmers during his sit-in.
The spokesperson of Harish Rawat, Surendra Kumar ,said that the former CM would also hold a symbolic fast on the day to register his protest on scores of deaths caused by the consumption of spurious liquor. Rawat, with a large number of his supporters, would arrive at a hotel at 10 am and then march towards the Vidhan Sabha.
It is pertinent to mention here that the former CM who is also the AICC general secretary had earlier announced his resolve to stage the sit-in outside Vidhan Sabha on February 11.
But he later postponed it due to his participation in the road show of the newly appointed AICC general secretary and in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Priyanka Gandhi in Lucknow on Monday.
Wednesday, 13 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019