Harish Rawat to sit on dharna outside Vidhan Sabha today
As Congress MLAs are turning the heat on the State Government inside the Assembly during the Budget Session on the issue of a string of hooch tragedy death, the former Chief Minister Harish Rawat would stage a sit-in outside Vidhan Sabha on Wednesday.
Rawat would also raise the issue of the pending payment of the sugarcane farmers during his sit-in.
The spokesperson of Harish Rawat, Surendra Kumar ,said that the former CM would also hold a symbolic fast on the day to register his protest on scores of deaths caused by the consumption of spurious liquor. Rawat, with a large number of his supporters, would arrive at a hotel at 10 am and then march towards the Vidhan Sabha.
It is pertinent to mention here that the former CM who is also the AICC general secretary had earlier announced his resolve to stage the sit-in outside Vidhan Sabha on February 11.
But he later postponed it due to his participation in the road show of the newly appointed AICC general secretary and in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Priyanka Gandhi in Lucknow on Monday.
Wednesday, 13 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019