The major problem being seen during the 7 AM to 10 AM window in the lockdown is the crowding of people at shops which is diluting the very purpose of the lockdown. However, in Haridwar, the police set an example by drawing circles using lime powder outside shops, directing citizens to stand in these to maintain social distancing while waiting to purchase essential items.
Har ki Paidi police in-charge Arvind Raturi stood outside a store and directed people to stand in the circles made by the police to ensure social distancing. Apart from this the Kotwali police detained eight persons for violating the lockdown. The city superintendent of police Kamlesh Upadhyay said that the police have been motivating citizens to maintain social distancing while shopping for essentials. Though most people are observing the lockdown, some are still taking it lightly. Eight such persons were detained and social distancing was maintained between them in the police station too, she added, while appealing the citizens to cooperate in the fight against COVID-19.
Thursday, 26 March 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- COVID-19 reaches the hills March 26, 2020
- U’khand assembly passes budget of Rs 53536.97 Crore March 26, 2020
- Govt orders immediate stop on deposition of all school fees March 26, 2020
- State tackling COVID-19 efficiently but public support vital: CM March 26, 2020
- Haridwar police implement social distancing at shops March 26, 2020