Hail, squall likely at isolated places in U’khand on Thursday
The State Meteorological Centre has issued an orange alert of hail and squall which is likely to lash some isolated places with a speed of 60 to 70 km per hour across the state on March 14. The districts which are likely to receive hail or squall on the day include Dehradun, Haridwar, Tehri, Pauri, Udham Singh Nagar, Nainital, and Pithoragarh.
The climate would remain cloudy generally across the state on Wednesday. Besides, very light to light snowfall, rain and thunderstorm activity are likely to occur at a few places in the hills of the state. Though the sky would remain overcast for most parts of the day the climate is likely to be generally dry in the state on the day.
The Met officers said that in Dehradun, the weather is likely to remain mainly clear to partly cloudy on Wednesday. However, there is a likelihood of thundercloud development occurring in some areas.
Thursday, 14 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019