Attempt should also be made in Vasantotsav 2019 to raise public awareness on organic products, said the Governor Baby Rani Maurya. The Governor said this while chairing a meeting to review preparations for the annual spring festival-flower show held in the Raj Bhawan.
Stating that various crops, fruits and vegetables are cultivated organically in the mountainous regions of Uttarakhand, she directed officials of Agriculture and Horticulture departments to focus on raising awareness on organic products through Vasantotsav 2019. Visitors should be offered traditional Pahadi dishes at the food stalls so that these can be enjoyed also by those coming from outside.
Considering the medicinal importance of the herb Akarkara (Pellitory) she spoke of depicting it on the special cover released by the postal department during Vasantotsav.
Steps should be taken to publicise this herb to make the people aware of its qualities. The Governor also issued necessary instructions for ensuring proper facilities for school students and other visitors to the Vasantotsav. The Governor’s secretary RK Sudhanshu, horticulture secretary D Senthil Pandian, Dehradun district magistrate SA Murugesan, SSP Nivedita Kukreti and others were present in the meeting. Read More
Friday, 11 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019