Guv directs GBPUAT VC to probe complaint, ensure action
Taking serious cognisance of a complaint made by a student of GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology against her hostel warden, the governor and university chancellor Baby Rani Maurya has directed the university vice chancellor to get an inquiry conducted in the matter. The vice chancellor has also been directed to take strict action in the case.
The governor has further directed that an environment safe from all aspects should be ensured for the the students especially the girls in the university. Maurya has also directed the vice chancellor to submit a report regarding the management of the girls’ hostels of the university.
According to sources, a hostel warden had allegedly asked a girl student to come to his home at night and cook food as his wife was reportedly away. The student had complained to the university authorities but purportedly no action was taken. The governor has now stepped in to ensure the needful.
Friday, 15 November 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Guv directs GBPUAT VC to probe complaint, ensure action November 15, 2019
- 4-year old raped in Haridwar November 15, 2019
- Open Air Gym gets positive response before inauguration November 15, 2019
- High rates keep visitors away from Children’s Park November 15, 2019
- MCD starts online payment of property tax for slum dwellers November 15, 2019