The three day long Gurukul Premier League 2019 concluded on Thursday afternoon with Buffalo Sabres team winning the finals.
The matches were played among 10 teams on the grounds of Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Faculty of Engineering and Technology. The qualifier one match was played between two winning teams -Buffalo Sabres and Rising Star. Buffalo Sabres won the toss and chose to bat first, scoring 125 runs while Rising star team were all out for 78 runs. Sumit Modan Lal of Buffalo Sabres was adjudged man of the match for hitting 10 boundaries and five sixes in 37 balls.
The organising secretary of the match Dharmendra Baliyan told this correspondent that scoring was done by Crickheroes app which had 25,000 views during the match.The dean of the faculty of Engineering and Technology, Pankaj Madan said that the match was getting popularity all over the region since the selection procedures and matches were played on the pattern of IPL. Industrialist and social worker Hariom Jindal took introduction of the players and motivated them to play with a sportsman spirit. He said winning was not important but participation itself meant that they had won the battle against hesitation and proved themselves to be winner.
Friday, 18 October 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Bulbul kills 10 in Bengal, 1.8L evacuated November 11, 2019
- JP Nadda to reach Doon on Nov 15 November 11, 2019
- MP Tirath Singh Rawat & others hurt after car flips over November 11, 2019
- Kailashanand to contribute Rs 11 lakh for Ram temple November 11, 2019
- ABAP flays AIMIM chief’s statement over verdict November 11, 2019