Organic farming promoted in 10 blocks, Mandi Smiti to procure produce
To promote organic farming in Uttarakhand, the State Government would soon bring an ‘Organic Act’ in the State. The State Agriculture Minister Subodh Uniyal had told the House on the second day of the winter session that necessary legal approval for the Act had been received.
In reply to a question by the Jhabreda MLA, Deshraj Karnwal, the Minister said that ten blocks in different districts of the state have been earmarked for organic farming and 28710 farmers in Uttarakhand are engaged in organic farming.
He claimed that Uttarakhand would become the first State in the country where two lakh hectare of land would be brought under organic farming. The Minister further said that the Government is promoting organic farming more in the mountainous areas. While responding to a supplementary question by Vikasnagar MLA Munna Singh Chauhan on steps taken for marketing of the organic produce, the Minister replied that mandi samitis have been directed to purchase all the organic produce of the farmers and they would take required measures to market the organic produce. Read more posts…
Saturday, 08 December 2018 | PNS | Dehradun—
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019