A man posing as a tantrik was arrested by the police after duping a number of people in Haridwar. The man, identified as Baba Hasan Bengali, allegedly duped a number of people of their money assuring to get their works done.
He purportedly lured the people by assuring them that he would resolve their issues ranging from marriage, the need for more money and relationships.
He had advertised that he would pay Rs 31 lakh to any client if his or her wish was not fulfilled. He had absconded after a police complaint was filed against him.
However, the police traced him to Modinagar and caught him with two mobile phones which he used to interact with his targets and transfer money. Earlier, the police had announced a cash reward of Rs 2,500 for the person who would help the police nab the accused.
Thursday, 14 November 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Mahasangh to protest against roadways buses taking retail passengers November 14, 2019
- Loot committed in Vikasnagar using chilli powder November 14, 2019
- Godman caught for duping people November 14, 2019
- This is no endgame November 13, 2019
- GATE to success November 13, 2019