Monday, 12 March 2018 | PNS | Dehradun-
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Bipin Rawat would inaugurate the Garhwal Rifles War Memorial Boys and Girls Hostel at Danda Lakhaund on March 18.
Built with an estimated cost of Rs 8.5 Crore on a plot measuring 22 Bigha, the hostel would serve the children of the serving and former personnel of Garhwal Rifles.
It is worth mentioning here that the foundation stone of the hostel was laid way back in 2011 by former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Major General B C Khanduri (Rtd) but due to lack of Budget the construction work remained stalled. The hostel now complete has a facility to accommodate 250 girls and boys.
You might also like
- 8 Opp MPs suspended for Session September 22, 2020
- Covid-19 tally climbs to 41777 in U’khand September 22, 2020
- Ministers, MLAs tested for Covid-19 September 22, 2020
- Agitation of docs, nurses could derail health services September 22, 2020
- Cong supports agitating doctors & nurses September 22, 2020