A blast, believed to have been caused by explosion of a gas cylinder, rocked Vasant Vihar area in the city on Friday. The blast occurred at a shop in a commercial complex in the Indira Nagar area of Vasant Vihar at around 4.20 am. The intensity of the blast was so strong that the roof of the shop was blown away while the walls collapsed. The nearby shops were also damaged by the blast. However, no one was injured in the blast.
The powerful blast in the complex just a day before the visit of the Congress president Rahul Gandhi alerted the security agencies. The teams of local police, dog squad, special task force (STF) were rushed to the spot.
The deputy inspector general (DIG) of the STF, Ridhim Agarwal inspected the spot along with the members of the police forensic laboratory. Contacted, the in-charge of the Basant Vihar police station Hemant Khanduri told The Pioneer that the blast probably had been caused by gas leakage. He said that shop had no ventilation and when the police team had visited the spot immediately after the blast it had a distinct smell of leaking gas in the area. He said that the forensic team has collected samples and their report would confirm the exact cause of the accident.
Saturday, 16 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- All the Rise about Web based slots November 17, 2019
- The way in which video games will help uou learn Speech November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019