With peak season on for pilgrims coming from across the country, the solid waste generated in Haridwar rises considerably. To add to the civic woes, the employees of KRL company which has been given the contract by Municipal Corporation of Haridwar for door to door garbage collection, are on strike. As a result of this, heaps of garbage are visible at prime locations near Har Ki Paidi and other noted temples of the city.
On Tuesday, the employees staged protest at Bhagat Singh Chowk complaining against their managing director who they alleged had not paid them their monthly dues. The employees complained that they were facing problems in making their ends meet.
Speaking to this correspondent, Ranvir Sharma of KRL company said, “We all have gathered here in front of KRL yard to protest against our managing director Harendra Garg. Our payments are not made on time so we shall not attend the duties of picking garbage till our dues are cleared.”
You might also like
- Missing AN-32 found in ruins June 12, 2019
- Scholarships for 5 crore minority students: Naqvi June 12, 2019
- Pilgrimage centres becoming centres of tourism: Shankaracharya June 12, 2019
- Maharaj meets Patel, discusses tourism plans June 12, 2019
- Two expeditions slated to start today for retrieving bodies of climbers June 12, 2019