Within few days of the relaxation in the third phase of the lockdown the generation of garbage has already begun to rise in Dehradun city. Currently, the sanitation workers are collecting 10 metric tonnes of more garbage than they were collecting the last week.
Last month, owing to the lockdown the garbage generation in the city had dropped by about 60 metric tonnes per day from 330 metric tonnes every day. According to the project head of city garbage collection and transportation Rakesh Upadhyay, the garbage collected by sanitation workers has already increased by 10 metric tonnes. According to Upadhyay, the garbage generation will most likely increase in the coming days.
Talking about the garbage collection, he said that the sanitation workers begin to collect garbage from 6 AM and finish by 2 PM daily. He also mentioned that all the sanitation workers are well equipped with equipment necessary during the COVID-19 pandemic and they are also being paid incentives for their hard work during the lockdown.
Friday, 08 May 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Garbage generation increases again in Dehradun May 8, 2020
- MCD to give 15 days to submit property tax May 8, 2020
- More than enough stock of foodgrains: FCI May 8, 2020
- Now get liquor on your doorstep in Punjab, Bengal, Chhattisgarh May 7, 2020
- Public transport soon: Gadkari May 7, 2020