Former cabinet minister of Madhya Pradesh and Congress leader Shivnarayan Meena died of a heart attack late on Tuesday night in Rudraprayag district. He was on a pilgrimage tour and was travelling from Badrinath to Kedarnath shrine.
Confirming the news of his demise Inspector General (IG) of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) Sanjay K Gunjyal said, “He suffered a heart attack near Agastyamuni in Rudraprayag while going from Badrinath to Kedarnath shrine. His body is in Rudraprayag now and the family has been informed.”
It is important to mention here that this Yatra season 29 people have died in Rudraprayag district due to accidental reasons especially heart attack. According to the information provided by Rudraprayag Disaster Control Room, at every 50 to 100 metres on the route from Sonprayag to Kedarnath camps are set with medical team, police and SDRF stationed to handle such situations.
Thursday, 13 June 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Former MP Min Shivnarayan Meena dies of heart attack June 13, 2019
- ITBP DG conducts reconnaissance, IMF team starts expedition June 13, 2019
- MCD to keep a proper record of DTD service charges June 13, 2019
- Lakhs reach Haridwar on Ganga Dussehra June 13, 2019
- Mussoorie’s Mall Road: Where History walked Down June 13, 2019