In view of the upcoming festival of Holi, the district food safety department has intensified its drive against spurious food products. On Friday, the teams of the department have visited many sweet shops and took samples. The food safety department have taken four samples from the shops visited which included two samples of milk and two samples of eatables.
The designated officer Food Safety, G C Kandwal said that all food safety officers of different tehsils have been instructed to inspect the premises from where the food items are mostly purchased and consumed during the festival season. He said that the drive has started from the rural areas of the city and would continue unabated till Holi. Kandwal added that the food safety officers have been asked to check vehicles at the borders like Asharodi and other check posts as incidents of smuggling of spurious condensed milk and other items gain momentum before the festival of Holi. Notably, the commissioner Food Safety has directed the department officials to collect samples of raw materials used in the food commodities largely used in festivals likes edible oil, spices and condensed milk.
Saturday, 09 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019