Second one will be held soon
The district administration has conducted the first randomisation of EVMs to ensure a glitch-free Lok Sabha poll slated on April 11.
First randomisation of EVMs was conducted through the EVM management system software on 3462 ballot units, 2098 control units and 2559 VVPat machines . Through the process, EVM allocation has been streamlined.
For each Assembly segment under the Haridwar Lok Sabha constituency, 51% of the machines has been kept reserved . Through the software, EVMs can be tracked on the internet. During the randomisation, representatives of various political parties were present.
The district election officer Deepak Rawat directed the officials to complete the process of second randomisation of the EVMs at the earliest.
During the activity, the additional district magistrate B K Mishra , executive engineer Ramji Lal, assistant engineer Anant Saini and district science information officer Mahavir Rawat were present. Besides, Dharampal Singh from Congress, Munrika Yadav from CPI (M), Avinash Kumar from BSP and Naresh Jaiswal from BJP were present among others.
Thursday, 21 March 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019
- Issue show-cause notice to polluting factories, HC directs UEPPCB June 14, 2019
- Waste segregation, decentralised composting to start in all Govt colonies June 14, 2019