Taking a serious note of the incident of fire in the quarter of the Congress deputy leader in the state Assembly Karan Mahra at the MLA Hostel, the Speaker of the Uttarakhand Assembly Prem Chand Agarwal has directed the estates officer Bansidhar Tiwari to conduct an investigation into the incident.
Earlier, he visited the MLA Hostel on Tuesday and said that the incident was serious and it could have resulted in a major loss.
Terming it a departmental lapse, he warned that similar incidents should not be repeated.
The Speaker also inspected the quarters of many MLAs and directed the officers who accompanied him to make certain that adequate corrective measures are taken to stop recurrence of such incidents. MLAs- Karan Mahra, Manoj Rawat, Kedar Singh Rawat and Deshraj Kandwal besides the officers of PWD, power and estates departments accompanied the Speaker during his inspection of the MLA Hostel.
Wednesday, 13 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Dept seizes truck smuggling wood March 26, 2019
- Ambrish stresses on local pick to represent Haridwar in LS March 26, 2019
- Nishank confident of BJP’s return to power March 26, 2019
- company to unplug dialysis machines March 26, 2019
- Jhanda fair and nomination rallies trigger traffic jams on roads in Doon March 26, 2019