Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has directed that a bonus of Rs 20 per quintal be paid to farmers for wheat.
The Central Government has set Rs 1,840 per quintal as the minimum support price for wheat, in addition to which the CM directed the departmental officials to facilitate payment of Rs 20 per quintal as bonus. Chairing a meeting with departmental officials, Rawat said that the storage capacity should also be increased. Godowns with one lakh metric tonne capacity should be constructed. Further, immediate payment to farmers should ensured for the wheat. As in the case of rice, the payment to farmers for wheat should also be made online. Officials stated that a target for purchasing two lakh metric tonnes wheat had been set for the Rabi purchase season 2019-20.
Further, in the state about 6.5 lakh farmers are benefitting from the Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi. Secretary D Senthil Pandiyan, secretary in charge- Sushil Kumar, Nainital district magistrate Vinod Kumar Suman and other officials concerned were also present in the meeting.
Wednesday, 06 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- SP not to field candidate from Garhwal March 25, 2019
- UKD announces candidates from five constituencies March 25, 2019
- Modi, Shah, Union ministers & others to campaign in U’khand March 25, 2019
- Congress announces candidates for five seats March 25, 2019
- Management seals HMT plant, workers protest March 25, 2019