A 65 year old farmer from Dhadheki village under the jurisdiction of Laksar police station in Haridwar district committed suicide on Monday. In the suicide note recovered from the deceased it was revealed that he was perturbed being heavily under debt. The farmer has reportedly held the government responsible for his death.
When the family members of Ishwar Chand discovered that he had taken poison, they shifted him to the the nearest hospital in Laksar but the farmer died on the way. It is learnt that he had taken lakhs of rupees on loan from a bank but the bank agent took all the loan amount which he had returned to the bank. After the cheque amounts bounced, the agent lodged case against him. He allegedly kept on pressing the farmer for more money. Laksar police circle officer Rajan Singh and Virender Singh Negi took body under their custody and sent it for post mortem. The probe is on said the police.
Tuesday, 09 April 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Farmer commits suicide, blames govt in suicide note April 9, 2019
- Doon receives hail with rain, weather to be normal today April 9, 2019
- Roshni brings light in the lives of women April 9, 2019
- Folk music playing big role in election campaign April 9, 2019
- BJP misleading ex-servicemen- Lt Gen TPS Rawat April 9, 2019