The Urban Development and Housing minister Madan Kaushik has directed the officials concerned to speed up execution of the metro rail project. He issued this direction while chairing a meeting on the project in the secretariat on Tuesday. The project is slated to cover a distance of 70 kilometres linking Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun.
Discussing aspects like metro project rates, passengers and route pattern, the minister directed the officials to speed up execution of the project. The possibility of personal rapid transit (PRT) system in Haridwar, PRT from Sanskrit University- Haridwar to Rishikesh and ropeway in Dehradun was also discussed in the meeting. The detailed project report on the ropeway and PRD will be received in the month of November this year, said officials. Proposal will be presented in the cabinet soon on 2.5 kilometre long ropeway from Har ki Paidi to Chandi Devi, ropeway in Rishikesh and PRT in Haridwar.
Chief secretary Om Prakash, secretaries Amit Singh Negi, Sowjanya, Shailesh Bagauli and Uttarakhand metro project managing director Jitendra Tyagi were also among those present in the meeting.
Wednesday, 19 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- China sitting pretty September 23, 2020
- Minister Dhan Singh, Cong deputy leader, BJP MLA test positive for Covid September 23, 2020
- 11 deaths, 874 new Covid-19 cases in U’khand September 23, 2020
- Doctors withdraw OPD boycott call September 23, 2020
- About 1/3 of GDMC staff infected with Covid-19 September 23, 2020