Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR), the powerful association of ex servicemen, has declared its support to the BJP for the upcoming general elections. A delegation of the association led by its president PTR Shamsher Singh met the state BJP vice- president Jyoti Prasad Gairola at the state party office on Saturday and submitted a letter of support. Speaking on the occasion, Shamsher Singh said that the Narendra Modi government has fulfilled the long- standing demand of One Rank One Pension ( OROP) of the ex -servicemen. Terming Modi as a bold PM, he said that by ordering use of pellet guns against the stone pelters, he has rendered support to the brave soldiers who used to face the stones thrown at them silently. Singh said that the association has 80,000 members and now all of them would support the BJP. Expressing his gratitude to the association for its avowed support to the BJP, Gairola said that BJP has always stood by the armed forces veterans and their families. The Mussoorie MLA Ganesh Joshi who was present on the occasion said that state government has doubled the widow pension and has made provision of providing government job to one member of the martyr’s family. Many BJP leaders and ex- servicemen were present on the occasion.
Sunday, 17 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019