Former executive director of Haridwar BHEL Prakash Chand was conferred with the life- time achievement award at the 5th IPSE (India public sector enterprises) Awards 2019 on Friday in New Delhi. His contribution to the power sector manufacturing and expansion and modernisation of Haridwar BHEL unit was lauded during the programme.
The expansion and modernisation of the Haridwar BHEL unit to achieve 20 GW turbines and generators of the supercritical type with 800 MW unit ratings was specially mentioned on the occasion. Rajeev Bhatnagar who was associated as general manager, head of Haridwar plant during his tenure as executive director from 2013-2017, said that supercritical technology absorption and its conversion had been achieved under the initiative taken by Prakash Chand. “There was total employee commitment under his leadership which led to many achievements. The 800 MW generator was BHEL’s highest rating achieved from Haridwar unit. Besides, he initiated many projects for society like bio digestor toilets in the city, a Gandhi Park in the heart of the city and adoption of villages,” he added.
When asked about the future of power sector, Prakash Chand said that the coal- based thermal power sector would revive in two/ three years. “The government policies play a major role and many positive things are on the cards,” added Chand.
Saturday, 02 February 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019