Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has issued strict instructions to officials concerned for ensuring that works for establishing growth centers are completed within the given time frame. Chairing a meeting to review the progress of work on the establishment of growth centers, Rawat directed officials to clearly state as to how much time it would take to complete the said works.
The CM directed that vacant school buildings and Patwari posts should be used for growth centres. Further, the wool from sheep in mountain areas should be certified as organic product and proper arrangements for shearing should be made. MSME Department informed that wool-based growth centres have been set up in Mana Ghigran in Chamoli, Beerpur and Dunda in Uttarkashi. Rawat said that Van Panchayats have good potential for commercial use of forest products. Rawat said that plan to open 25 selling points of Uttarakhand products in New Delhi has been discussed with New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC). Due to the large population of Uttarakhand natives in Delhi, there is a good demand for local products of Uttarakhand there. Further, the CM stressed that women should be accorded an important role in the growth centers. Read more posts…
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019