Electrician fatally electrocuted while repairing fault
A former worker of the electricity department died of electrocution while working on an electricity pole on Wednesday night.
According to the information received, electrician Virendra Kumar was called by a person to Siddhi Vinayak Colony after lights at the person’s home went off. It is being said that due to some negligence on Kumar’s part he was electrocuted fatally while trying to repair the issue.His family members reached the site and accusing the Electricity Department of negligence, they raised ruckus by placing Kumar’s body at Ambedkar Chowk power house. The police reached the site and learnt that the family members were demanding compensation and a job for one member of the family. When the police contacted the department, officials informed that Kumar had been fired more than a year ago. The police somehow managed to placate the family members and sent the body for post mortem.
Friday, 10 July 2020 | PNS | Haridwar