A drunkard allegedly killed his wife when she refused to give him money for liquor. The couple used to have frequent disputes on the issue of his liquor consumption. When the man was denied money by his wife, he beat her so brutally that she died on the spot. The police are searching for the absconding accused.
The Pathri police station in-charge Sukhpal Singh informed, “The body of a woman Santo Devi was found in her house at Sapera Basti on Wednesday morning. She was brutally attacked with a rod on her head which lead to her death on the spot. The body of the deceased has been sent for post mortem examination.”
The neighbours of Santo Devi said that her husband Ravi often picked up quarrels with her when he came home drunk.
On Tuesday night as well, he came about two hours past midnight and asked for money which the woman refused. As a result, he is believed to have hit her with a rod which led to her death. The search for the absconding accused is underway, said the police.
Thursday, 10 October 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Three men in a boat November 18, 2019
- AIMPLB seeks Ayodhya review November 18, 2019
- Badrinath shrine closed to the public for winters November 18, 2019
- CM unveils foundation for Smart City works costing 578.18 crore November 18, 2019
- Kotwali police issues Rs 60,000 challan November 18, 2019