The director general (DG) health services Dr T C Pant superannuated on Thursday. On the day, the outgoing DG handed over his charge to the director Medical Health, Garhwal division, Dr Ravindra Thapliyal. A small ceremony was organised at the health directorate in which farewell for the outgoing DG was given. The speakers on the occasion highlighted the services rendered by Dr Pant in improving the health services of the state.
In his address, Dr Pant thanked all the employees of health department for providing full support to him. He congratulated Dr Thapliyal for his new assignment and expressed confidence that the department would progress under his competent leadership.
The new DG health, Dr Thapliyal had joined as medical officer in 1985. He has been the chief medical superintendent (CMS) of Uttarakashi district hospital and Roorkee hospital. Dr Thapliyal also held important designation of chief medical officer (CMO) of Haridwar.
Shortly after assuming charge, Dr Thapliyal said that his priority would be to provide best possible health services to the people living in the remote and the mountainous areas of the state. He said that implementing national health schemes is figuring in his agenda.
Friday, 01 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019