DOON MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL TO GET NEW DENTAL X RAY MACHINE
Tuesday, 13 March 2018 | PNS | Dehradun-
The department of radiology of Government Doon Medical College hospital would soon get a new dental X-ray machine. At present the dental X-rays are done on the normal X-ray machine in which issues of image clarity and exposure to harmful radiations occur.
In the absence of the dental X -ray, the patients also faced problems as they had to shell out more money at the private centres. More than 125 patients visit the OPD of the dental department everyday.
The Principal of GDMC, Dr Pradip Bharati Gupta said that orders for purchase of the new machine were given on Monday and it would soon be installed.
It is pertinent to mention here that during its surprise inspection last year to the medical college hospital, the team of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) had raised grave objection on the practice of taking dental X- rays on the big old X ray machines thereby exposing whole body of the unsuspecting patients to the harmful radiations. Theserays have negative effect on the body and pituitary the master gland in particular is most susceptible to the radiations.
You might also like
- Deepika arrives in Mumbai for NCB quizzing tomorrow September 25, 2020
- From Rail Roko to Bharat Bandh September 25, 2020
- Magnitude of Kumbh Mela will depend on Covid situation: DG (L&O) September 25, 2020
- Covid-19: 13 deaths, 684 new cases reported in U’khand September 25, 2020
- Modi govt the biggest well wisher of farmers: Rawat September 25, 2020