DM’s wife takes baby to Govt Hospital, experiences problems faced by citizens
The wife of the Nainital district magistrate Savin Bansal set an example by not seeking any special treatment while visiting a government hospital with her child. Surabhi Bansal along with her baby reached the government BD Pandey district hospital here on Friday morning. Instead of seeking preferential treatment, she stood in queue holding her baby in her arms along with other citizens. She waited for about half an hour in line awaiting her turn after which the baby was examined by the doctors. She then purchased medicines from the hospital dispensary. She was accompanied by one security personnel in civil dress.
However, the DM’s wife also encountered the problems which members of the general public usually face while accessing facilities in government hospitals. Since Savin Bansal has been posted recently as the DM of Nainital, nobody recognised his wife at the government hospital. After standing in line for half an hour and taking the token slip, she was directed to go to the child specialist. However, at that time the said doctor was not in his cabin. She was then advised to meet the dermatologist. However, here too the doctor was not present in the cabin. After some time when the doctor arrived, he reportedly asked the DM’s wife sternly why she had entered the cabin when the doctor was not present.
Saturday, 20 July 2019 | PNS | Nainital
You might also like
- Himalayan States to deliberate on contribution to New India- CM July 20, 2019
- DM’s wife takes baby to Govt Hospital, experiences problems faced by citizens July 20, 2019
- Transfer officers posted at one place for long- Maharaj July 20, 2019
- Action plan to be made for anti-encroachment drive again July 20, 2019
- Door of Cong closed for Champion- Pritam July 20, 2019