With the polling date of three tier Panchayat elections coming closer the Dehradun district administration along with police department is preparing itself to ensure free and fair conduct of elections. A briefing was held with the administrative and police officers at police line on Thursday regarding the arrangements that are to be made for the three phases of the Panchayat elections.
The Dehradun district magistrate C Ravishankar has also ordered all liquor shops to be closed on polling days that are on October 5, 11 and 16 and counting day October 21. He directed district excise officer to ensure that the liquor shops remain closed during the days of polling and counting. He has also requested Dehradun Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Arun Mohan Joshi to direct police station in-charges for the same.
During the briefing both DM Ravishankar and SSP Joshi emphasised on conducting the elections safe and fair. They directed the personnel who all will be on election duty to ensure that no person takes mobile phones inside the polling booth. They also directed that all zonal and sector magistrate should coordinate with their counterparts in police department. Only voters and the designated officers are allowed within 100 metres of the polling booth.
Friday, 04 October 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- 50:50 Sena’s post-poll artifice, asserts Shah November 14, 2019
- Cabinet meeting: Start-ups to reserve 50 % jobs to locals in U’khand November 14, 2019
- No stone crushers within 3 kms of rivers November 14, 2019
- Ensure max participation in Khel Mahakumbh: Minister November 14, 2019
- Lack of infrastructure fuels traffic congestion in Doon November 14, 2019