A raid led by the Haridwar DM Deepak Rawat has been conducted on one of the biggest gas agencies- Sidhvinayak-located near Singhdwar Dayanand Stadium on Thursday. The DM checked the stock register in the warehouse from where cylinders are directly supplied to the consumers. It is learnt that the entries showed variation regarding the receipt and delivery of gas cylinders as mentioned for the day. An officer who was in the team said that the DM had directed the district supply officer (DSO) Rahul Sharma to seize the register after he had grown sure that the cylinders were being sent to fake consumers in violation of the rules. The DSO ordered the customers’ signatures being verified.
It is also learnt from the officers who accompanied the DM during the raid that the seals of 13 domestic and five commercial gas cylinders werefound broken. Besides, weight of five commercial and three domestic cylinders was found less than what should be after which the DM ordered the DSO to slap challan on the manager of the gas agency.
The gas agency was also booked for taking home delivery charges from the consumers and it was asked to return the delivery charges to those who had taken home the cylinder themselves. Read More
Friday, 11 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar–
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019