The body of a 40 year old woman was found in her house on Sunday morning. She had been allegedly hit with a heavy object on her head which led to her death. The police could not retrieve any such article from the room of the woman during investigation. She was a divorcee living with her son in-law and daughter, said the police.
The victim has been identified as Lakshmi Devi, a resident of Brahmpuri Colony in Kankhal area of Haridwar.
The daughter of the woman Annu resident of Kharkhari told this correspondent that she had talked to her deceased mother past Saturday midnight. When she came to her mother’s house on Sunday morning at 11 AM, she found her dead body and blood spots on the walls of the room.
The district senior superintendent of police, Janmejay Khanduri reached the site of crime. The city Kotwali in-charge Praveen Singh Koshyari said that the woman was hit with a heavy article.
He added that prima facie it seems some family member was involved in her murder. The police are probing the case and very soon the guilty will be caught, he added.
Monday, 21 January 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019