District social welfare depart to give free coaching to SC/ST aspirants for IAS/PCS exams
The district social welfare department is all set to give free coaching to the students belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) and the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and aspiring to appear in the Indian Administration Services and Provincial Civil Services examinations. Though the scheme had been launched by the State Government two years ago, things stopped in a very short time. Now, the scheme is being launched again to give SC/ST aspirants a better opportunity to qualify IAS/PCS examinations.
Currently, the department is short-listing the private coaching centres following which the students would be chosen for the programme.
Speaking of the matter, a senior officer from the department said, “We have issued advertisements to shortlist the private coaching centres. After it is done, the student eligible for the scheme will be selected. The basic criteria is that a student should be from Dehradun and he/she should have a valid certificate and some kind of documents to show that they have appeared in the IAS/PCS examination earlier. It is likely that finalising of the private coaching centres would be done in the next a couple of months. Things would start after the official formalities are over.”
Wednesday, 30 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019