District social welfare depart to give free coaching to SC/ST aspirants for IAS/PCS exams
The district social welfare department is all set to give free coaching to the students belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) and the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and aspiring to appear in the Indian Administration Services and Provincial Civil Services examinations. Though the scheme had been launched by the State Government two years ago, things stopped in a very short time. Now, the scheme is being launched again to give SC/ST aspirants a better opportunity to qualify IAS/PCS examinations.
Currently, the department is short-listing the private coaching centres following which the students would be chosen for the programme.
Speaking of the matter, a senior officer from the department said, “We have issued advertisements to shortlist the private coaching centres. After it is done, the student eligible for the scheme will be selected. The basic criteria is that a student should be from Dehradun and he/she should have a valid certificate and some kind of documents to show that they have appeared in the IAS/PCS examination earlier. It is likely that finalising of the private coaching centres would be done in the next a couple of months. Things would start after the official formalities are over.”
Wednesday, 30 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019