The honorarium paid to folk artistes has been doubled as directed by the Culture and Tourism minister Satpal Maharaj. From time to time, the culture department sends contracted folk artistes to perform in fairs, festivals and other occasions in and outside the state. Each cultural troupe comprises 20 artistes including its leader.
The department has doubled the honorarium to these artistes and also doubled their travel allowance. The minister had earlier directed the department to double the honorarium of artistes registered with the department. Maharaj said that the government order in this regard had been issued in January but since no performances were held due to Covid-19, the increased honorarium and travel allowance will be paid to the folk artistes from April 2020 onward.
The honorarium and travel allowance paid to a troupe leader has been increased from Rs 500 and Rs 250 respectively to Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 respectively. Similarly, the honorarium paid to artistes has been increased from Rs 400 to Rs 800 while their travel allowance has been increased from Rs 200 to Rs 400.
Thursday, 20 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Moto E7 Plus with dual rear camera launched in India for Rs 9,499 September 24, 2020
- Bihar DGP quits, likely to take electoral plunge September 24, 2020
- Actor Poonam Pandey’s husband gets bail in assault case September 24, 2020
- Rohit stars in Mumbai Indians’ 49-run win over KKR September 24, 2020
- Rafale offset pact flouted: CAG September 24, 2020