With the ongoing Yatra season and the start of tourist season as well, the number of pilgrims and tourists has increased drastically.
State general secretary of Roadways Employees Union, Ravinandan Kumar said that the delay in the purchase of 300 new buses for the roadways has increased the burden on the buses operating at present.
Kumar said, “The 300 buses will come in August, when the peak season will be over. At present 1,230 buses are operating, whereas 1,700 buses should have been operating.
If 300 buses were bought earlier, about 1,500 buses would have been operating now.
Now that holidays of schools and colleges have started, the number of tourists has also increased.
Because, of the less number of buses, the burden has doubled on presently operating buses.”
General Manager (Operation) of Uttarakhand Transport Corporation, Deepak Jain said, “We have sufficient buses for the time being and they are all operating timely.
For the 300 buses order has been done, it will take a process of three months for them to be finally delivered to us.”
You might also like
- Desirable Techniques To Pay Back Payday Advances Online June 13, 2019
- Rani gets a special gift June 13, 2019
- Work to reduce crashes June 13, 2019
- That which you Got To Know About Paper Write for me personally and just why June 13, 2019
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019