Dehradun district with 1, 43, 726 registered unemployed youth tops the table of the unemployed in the State while with just 23,154 youths are registered in Rudraprayag district. The State has a total of 23 employment exchanges.
In response to a question raised by BJP MLA from Rajpur, Khajan Das during the session of the state Assembly on Wednesday, the State Forest and Employment Minister Harak Singh Rawat said that a total of 8,29,139 unemployed youths have been registered in different employment offices spread across the State.
|S.No||District||No. of registered unemployed|
He further said that 24056 youths who had been registered in employment exchanges have been given employment since the creation of the state.
The Minster added that at present, direct employment is being not provided by the employment exchanges of the state.
“But they help the registered unemployed youth get jobs by other means,” he said.
The Minister also claimed that the process to review minimum wages in the state is currently in progress.
Thursday, 14 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Rani gets a special gift June 13, 2019
- Work to reduce crashes June 13, 2019
- That which you Got To Know About Paper Write for me personally and just why June 13, 2019
- JeM strikes CRPF on yatra route June 13, 2019
- Cabinet clears fresh Bill to ban instant triple talaq June 13, 2019