Amid spike in the cases of the Covid-19 and looming threat of the disease entering dreaded community spread stage, the health department removed the controversial Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dehradun, Dr BC Ramola on Friday. In an order, the Health secretary Amit Singh Negi transferred Dr Ramola to the Gandhi Centenary eye hospital. Dr Anup Dimri would be the new CMO of Dehradun. The stint of Dr Ramola as CMO of Dehradun was eventful. His differences with senior physician Dr N S Bisht became so pronounced that the latter even sat on a Dharna against the CMO.
Saturday, 29 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020
- Rawat completes 3.5 years in office September 19, 2020
- Covid-19- Highest single day recovery in U’khand September 19, 2020