Actress Deepika Padukone has replaced producer Kiran Rao as the chairperson of the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI), which organises the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival with Star.
“Kiran Rao had decided to step down (as the chairperson of MAMI) because she wanted to focus on making a movie. We were all thinking through names and everybody felt that Deepika Padukone was the right person. She is a wonderful artiste. Now, she is also a producer,” said Anupama Chopra, Festival Director, MAMI Mumbai Film Festival.
“She has been part of MAMI. She has been on the board for a few years and has been extremely supportive. So, we all requested her to take the position and she said ‘yes,’” she added.
Deepika was selected by the board members of MAMI.
Thursday, 31 January 2019 | Pioneer
You might also like
- DMK gives Congress 10 seats in TN, Puducherry February 21, 2019
- MBS backs India’s war on terror February 21, 2019
- Speaker forms committee on District Level Development Authority February 21, 2019
- Waste to energy policy ready for waste management: Min February 21, 2019
- Roads, health services in pathetic condition: Indira Hridayesh February 21, 2019