Actress Deepika Padukone has replaced producer Kiran Rao as the chairperson of the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI), which organises the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival with Star.
“Kiran Rao had decided to step down (as the chairperson of MAMI) because she wanted to focus on making a movie. We were all thinking through names and everybody felt that Deepika Padukone was the right person. She is a wonderful artiste. Now, she is also a producer,” said Anupama Chopra, Festival Director, MAMI Mumbai Film Festival.
“She has been part of MAMI. She has been on the board for a few years and has been extremely supportive. So, we all requested her to take the position and she said ‘yes,’” she added.
Deepika was selected by the board members of MAMI.
Thursday, 31 January 2019 | Pioneer
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019