CM says that the decision on scale of Kumbh would be taken after consulting Akhada Parishad
Clearing air over the Kumbh at Haridwar, the chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said that a final decision on the scale in which the Kumbh Mela would be organised would be taken in February next year. Replying to the questions of media persons at the state secretariat on Friday, the CM said that the Kumbh would be organised next year. He said that the decision on whether it would be organised on a grand scale or not would be taken in February next year after discussion with the Akhil Bharatiya Akhada Parishad. The situation of the Covid-19 pandemic would also be taken into consideration for it, he said.
The statement of CM assumes significance as on Friday the newly appointed Chief Secretary, Om Prakash had said that the organisation of Kumbh on a grand scale is linked with the vaccine of the Covid-19. He had said that if a vaccine of the disease is prepared then the Kumbh would be held on a mega scale otherwise it would be held under the prescribed standards to prevent the spread of the disease. It is worth mentioning here that CM Rawat after consultation with the saints had declared the dates of Shahi Snans last month. The CM had also directed the officials concerned to complete the works of Kumbh on time while ensuring quality.
The first Shahi Snan of Kumbh would be held on March 11, 2021 on the occasion of Maha Shivratri while the second Sahi Snan would be on April 12 on the occasion of Somwati Amawasya and the third Shahi Snan is on April 14 on Baishakhi. The fourth Sahi Snan would be on April 27 on the occasion of Chaitra Poornima.
Saturday, 08 August 2020 | PNS | Dehradun