The strike by bank and insurance employees affected the commercial activity in Uttarakhand on Tuesday.
The two-day strike call is given by many labour organisations against anti-labour policies of the Union Government. The strike crippled banking sector as all the employees of nationalised banks remained on strike on the day due to which business transactions worth Rs 5000 crores were affected in Uttarakhand.
On the day, the employees under the banner of Centre for Indian Trade Unions (CITU) assembled at the Gandhi Park from where they took out a march which passed through many areas of the city.
The demands of the workers are payment of minimum wages, abolition of new pension policy and restoration of old pension scheme, wage revision of bank and insurance workers and amendment in new transport policy.
Wednesday, 09 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- PM Modi to address public rally at Rudrapur on March 28 March 20, 2019
- Police deployment on basis of manpower audit in general election March 20, 2019
- Election commission keeping an eye on high value transactions- Sowjanya March 20, 2019
- BJP leaders pay homage to Parrikar March 20, 2019
- HC directs Govt to reply by March 27 on pharmacist recruitment issue March 20, 2019