The Divine School of Dance organised a three-day Kathak workshop with trainers from Kalashram founded by Kathak maestro Pundit Birju Maharaj.
The students learnt the nuances of the classical dance with expressions and the various courses available to become a professional Kathak dancer. About 70 students attended this workshop which concluded with annual Kathak exam. The disciples of Pundit Birju Maharaj, Shanky Singh and Sneh Kumar guided the students. Speaking on the occasion, Singh said, “Dance is not only a means of entertainment.
There is a study of Indian mythology behind it and one can pursue higher degrees of post graduation and PhD to become masters.
He guided the learners in both theory and practicals. The director of Divine School of Dance, Madhavi Bhattacharya said, “Kathak dance is a classical art form of north India.
Kathak originates from the word Katha, meaning story. Stories of Indian mythology are brought to life by graceful hand gestures which are called mudras and footwork postures. It is a complete mind, body and spirit experience.”
Tuesday, 09 July 2019 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- 2 boatmen penalised for not producing license July 9, 2019
- Dance workshop held by disciples of Birju Maharaj July 9, 2019
- CII Uttarakhand donates eight computers to DLRC July 9, 2019
- Board of governors meets in Motherhood University July 9, 2019
- Happiness has always been my superpower: Jacqueline July 8, 2019