The chief secretary Utpal Kumar Singh reviewed the progress of the reconstruction works being done at Sri Kedarnath Dham while chairing a meeting of the empowered committee at the Secretariat through video conference on Tuesday.
The Rudraprayag district magistrate Mangesh Ghildiyal apprised the chief secretary of the progress of the development works now on at and around the shrine.
It is also learned that the chief secretary would himself inspect the reconstruction works now on at the shrine in the first week of December.
The proposal of Rs 262.71 lakh for the construction of the residences of six Tirath Purohits at the shrine has been approved in course of the meeting. Besides, the proposal of entrusting the public works department with the work has also been given a nod during the meeting.
The additional chief secretary Om Prakash informed that the government has released Rs 50 crore for the ITIs for skill development and self-employment under the special planned help in 2013-14 and 2014-15.
He also said that the remaining amount of over Rs 3 crore would be transferred to the tourism department soon for infrastructure development works. read more posts…
Wednesday, 21 November 2018 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- Will trim GST for masses: PM December 19, 2018
- Won’t let Modi sleep till farm loan waived: Rahul December 19, 2018
- Cable TV to cost you more from Dec 29 December 19, 2018
- ACS appears before HC single bench December 19, 2018
- Changes in UP ZA Act against spirit of U’khand formation: Harish Rawat December 19, 2018