The Uttarakhand Space Application Centre (USAC) should share the findings of its research works with the departments concerned so that the benefit of such research reaches the intended beneficiaries. The State’s chief secretary Utpal Kumar Singh said this while presiding over the ninth meet of the USAC governing body at the secretariat here on Tuesday.
In the meeting, the USAC director MPS Bisht presented the progress report of the centre for 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18. Bisht also spoke in detail about the works being undertaken by the centre.
During the meeting, USAC officials also assured that for the Song river, the mining control model design will be prepared in 45 days.
Bisht said that as per the directions of the Chief Minister, for conservation of water, basic survey and identification has been undertaken for creating multi-purpose lakes in different locations.
The USAC has also undertaken work on school mapping, caving circuit in tourism sector, Panchayat level mapping, Vidhan Sabha constituency mapping programme, wetland mapping, geo-morphological mapping, booklet publication and prepared training, skill development and management programmes for the development block and district levels. These works are proving useful in works being undertaken by the departments concerned, he added.
Wednesday, 09 January 2019 | PNS | Dehradun–
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019