Covid touches cabinet: Kaushik tests positive in antigen test, Uniyal in isolation
The State’s Urban Development and Housing minister Madan Kaushik, who is also the state government spokesman has tested positive for Covid-19 in the antigen test. Kaushik was already in isolation after coming in contact with a Covid positive person. The minister’s rapid test results came out negative though the result of the antigen test came out positive on Sunday. The RT-PCR test report of the minister is expected to be received on Monday. On the advice of the health department and district administration, Kaushik has decided to get admitted in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Rishikesh.
Meanwhile, the State’s Agriculture and Horticulture minister Subodh Uniyal and his staff have gone into home isolation after his son and niece tested positive for Covid. The step has been taken as a precaution after two family members tested positive for the virus. The minister said that the results of home isolation are positive, adding that everyone should observe full alertness in these times.
Monday, 07 September 2020 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- Farmers’ woes September 19, 2020
- Apple to launch online store in India on Sept 23 September 19, 2020
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020