The tenders presented by the officials for development works were cancelled during the board meeting. The councillors stated that the tenders for any particular ward should be released at the same time with their concurrence.
When the matter which figured in the agenda came up for discussion during the meeting some councillors pointed out that some of the tenders involved the newly added wards to which the officers said that undertaking development work in such wards being important, they presented the tenders.
However, the councillors were not convinced and said that there should not be any partiality in the development work of the wards. They further said that all such tenders should be presented by the officials at the same time and the councillors should be informed beforehand.
Accepting the suggestion, the mayor Sunil Uniyal ‘Gama’ said that the tenders which had been presented would be cancelled. “All the tenders would be presented again at the same time for every ward,” he said.
Friday, 01 March 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’: Poor watchmen hope for Acche Din March 23, 2019
- Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, two others file nominations from Tehri March 23, 2019
- Nishank supporters celebrate, factions close ranks to ensure win March 23, 2019
- BJP candidates file nominations from Tehri, Garhwal March 23, 2019
- BJP lists candidates for 5 Parliamentary seats March 23, 2019