Councillor and residents from Vijay Nagar (ward number 9) met the municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey on Wednesday regarding the appointment of local sanitation workers and supervisors under Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD). They further stated that the company Remiki, entrusted with the door to door garbage collection service, has outsourced the supervisors and workers by removing those working on the service. This has landed the local workers in penury, putting their survival at stake.
Yogesh, the councillor from Vijay Nagar, said, “MCD has assigned Remiki with the door to door collection service in 60 wards. The company on its part appointed people by removing those working on the service. Many of them worked for the civic body for years. Around 40 sanitation supervisors have also been removed by MCD when the company was assigned with the service. We demand that all such workers and supervisors are reinstated.”
The civic body officers assured them that something would be done soon regarding their demand.
Thursday, 07 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP and Congress play attack game ahead of big battle February 18, 2019
- Bhumi’s intense work February 18, 2019
- Rajini not in ’19 race, roots for stable Govt February 18, 2019
- Pak-funded separatists off safety net February 18, 2019
- CRPF cautions against ‘fake posts’ on internet February 18, 2019