Councillor and residents from Vijay Nagar (ward number 9) met the municipal commissioner Vinay Shankar Pandey on Wednesday regarding the appointment of local sanitation workers and supervisors under Municipal Corporation of Dehradun (MCD). They further stated that the company Remiki, entrusted with the door to door garbage collection service, has outsourced the supervisors and workers by removing those working on the service. This has landed the local workers in penury, putting their survival at stake.
Yogesh, the councillor from Vijay Nagar, said, “MCD has assigned Remiki with the door to door collection service in 60 wards. The company on its part appointed people by removing those working on the service. Many of them worked for the civic body for years. Around 40 sanitation supervisors have also been removed by MCD when the company was assigned with the service. We demand that all such workers and supervisors are reinstated.”
The civic body officers assured them that something would be done soon regarding their demand.
Thursday, 07 February 2019 | PNS | Dehradun
You might also like
- BJP finalises plan for filing of nominations March 21, 2019
- Guv greets public on Holi March 21, 2019
- Hospital gears up for accident cases on Holi March 21, 2019
- Modi must come clear on his false promises to people of U’khand: Cong March 21, 2019
- Political parties need to focus more on women-related issues: women voters March 21, 2019