CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS REMOVED FROM ROADSIDES DURING SPECIAL DRIVE
Wednesday, 20 June 2018 | PNS | Dehradun–
Special 14- day cleanliness drive which was launched by the municipal corporation of Dehradun (MCD) early this month has been going on at full throttle while the civic body workers are now engaged in clearing the roadsides of the construction materials found dumped across the city. Besides, they are removing unauthorised banners, hoardings and posters regularly. The workers engaged in the drive have been divided into two teams for cleaning the city, the civic officers said, adding that both the teams are being led by senior officers.
It is learnt that the areas from where the construction materials have been removed include EC Road, Kanak Chowk, and Cantonment area and also the area near the annexe guest house.
The team working in the night shift have removed hoardings, posters, and banners from places in the city, including the stretch of Chakrata Road. Besides, the walls of the public places from where the advertising materials were removed have been repainted by the workers, it is learnt.
MCD officers said that the drive has gone well for the past six days and the task assigned to the teams would be fulfilled in the eight days left.
You might also like
- The way in which video games will help uou learn Speech November 17, 2019
- RCom chairman Anil Ambani, four directors resign November 17, 2019
- U’khand conducive for investments: Utpal Kumar Singh November 17, 2019
- SC verdict on Rafale: BJP workers demand apology from Rahul Gandhi November 17, 2019
- U’khand starts virtual classes for 1.90 lakh students November 17, 2019