Constable tests positive for Covid in Jwalapur Kotwali
A constable in the Jwalapur Kotwali and three other persons connected to the police station have been found positive for Covid-19 taking the total number of Covid infected policemen in the district to five. Now, all the policemen posted at Jwalapur Kotwali are being tested for Covid. Additionally, a list of all those who had come in contact with the constable is also being prepared. The Health department is preparing to quarantine everyone after the test.
The Haridwar chief medical officer Dr Shambhu Jha informed this correspondent that one police constable and three other persons connected to the Jwalapur Kotwali had tested positive for Covid. According to sources, so far, at least five policemen have been found corona positive in the district. Following the latest case in Jwalapur Kotwali, all policemen posted in the station are being tested by the authorities.
Following this development, the Jwalapur Kotwali has been closed down temporarily to the general public and all work is being done from the Rail post. The police station will be sanitised soon. In addition to maximizing sampling, the authorities are also tracing the contacts of the infected constable.
Saturday, 25 July 2020 | PNS | Haridwar
You might also like
- Don’t be misled by dalals’ advocates: PM to farmers September 19, 2020
- Farm Bills anger farmers, protest spreads September 19, 2020
- Limited numbers to be allowed in 2021 Kumbh Mela September 19, 2020
- Rawat completes 3.5 years in office September 19, 2020
- Covid-19- Highest single day recovery in U’khand September 19, 2020