Sunday, 29 July 2018 | PNS | DEHRADUN–
The traffic on the major roads of the city was thrown out of gear on Saturday due to the Congress’s march to the CM house programme. The incessant rains further compounded the ordeal of the commuters. The traffic flow came to a near standstill along several stretches of the city as the Congress activists and the slum dwellers came out on the roads in their hundreds. The congestion was acute on the busy Rajpur Road and New Cant Road. However, the school children were spared the ordeal as the DM had ordered the closure of the schools on the day in view of the heavy rain warning. The traffic personnel and the police had a tough time to normalise traffic on the roads.
You might also like
- Farmers to pay Rs 100/month for Rs 3,000/month pension June 14, 2019
- CM reviews Kumbh Mela 2021 preparations June 14, 2019
- CM seeks details of issues to be raised in NITI Aayog meeting June 14, 2019
- Issue show-cause notice to polluting factories, HC directs UEPPCB June 14, 2019
- Waste segregation, decentralised composting to start in all Govt colonies June 14, 2019